About the OF4WD
The Ontario Federation of 4 Wheel Drive recreationists (OF4WD) are a Provincial umbrella organization comprised of 4×4 clubs and individual members. Our mandate is to represent the interests of the 4×4 community and ensure the long term sustainability of 4 wheel drive recreation in the province of Ontario. We work to achieve this through user education, advocacy work and cooperative trail management and maintenance programs.
What we do for you…
Tirelessly work to protect your right to access Crown Lands under the Free Use policy of the Public Lands Act (Ontario) and maintain the inventory of the 4×4/multi-use trails.
- Achieved through direct representation to the Ontario Government.
- Participate through membership of trail and land use advisory committees.
- As a recognized public land use stakeholder we actively participate in trails and land use consultations..
- Building cooperative relationships with other trails and land access groups for mutual benefit.
Trail Management and Maintenance Programs:
- An increasingly important area of activity for us is in the area of trail maintenance and use management.
- We have ongoing trail maintenance programs running with other trail organizations (including OFSC member clubs, Haliburton ATV Association, Kawartha ATV Association and others)
- Trail and community lands area clean ups have been a mainstay activity of our organization.
Promote Safe and Responsible 4WD:
- Promote 4×4 recreation as a safe and rewarding recreational experience for everyone (Families, youth, people with accessibility challenges etc)
- 4×4 has the best safety record of motorized trail users, period!
- 4×4 is a social trail experience that can be shared with your passengers of all ages.
- Is greatly enjoyed by many and becomes a big part of their lives.
- Environmental concerns are very important. Members are regularly reminded of their need to consider trail conditions and driving practices to minimize their impact on the environment.
- The trails are invariably shared use and trail Etiquette is an important consideration in order to ensure we all have the opportunity to enjoy our trail experiences.
- Education on planning, equipping a vehicle and driving techniques are important to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience.
How We Operate…
The OF4WD is driven solely by volunteers. The board of directors, executive team and contributing membership volunteer thousands of hours a year to ensure our recreational sport of 4WD has a bright future in the province of Ontario.
Let’s make a difference together. Join the OF4WD and progress the sport we all passionately enjoy.
To become involved and do your part in protecting the sport email anyone of our board of directors found on our contacts page.