TEC Ardbeg Spring Trail Cleanup 2022
Going strong into our 5th year as a club and wheeling with great people! Support our trail cleanup initiative by joining the club and participating at the trail cleanup events. Trail cleanup is our largest open to everyone event where you can meet like minded explorers, get to know each other and form a bond for the 2022 summer wheeling season.
As per usual we are taking care of the South/North Trail and Black Loop this time and collecting any garbage that we may encounter during the weekend.
DO NOT BRING YOUR OWN GARBAGE BAGS – ALL GARBAGE BAGS, GLOVES AND TRASH PICKERS ARE SUPPLIED BY THE CLUB FOR TRAIL CLEANUP
We ask that waste be collected in clear bags.
That materials be separated as best as you can in the following format for us to accept.
- Bulk Waste
- Beer Cans/Bottles
DAY 1 (Friday):
Campsite location for the first night.
45°38’16.5″N 80°10’13.5″W -> please see map below, every person should park as compact as possible, make sure you don’t block waterfront area for vehicles to enter/exit. Red arrow is where you are going to enter Black Lake from. Tents can be pitched behind in the woods or at the beach area. There is lot’s of parking options. Fire pit is going to be set up at the beach. Do not drive through the lake water.
Split into groups and do the North/South Trail, Black Loop, Newbie Run, offshoots and fun climbs. Collect garbage and clean trail. Return to the base camp at the end of the day. Dinner, 4wd chit chat, raffle prizes and a fine bottle of Ardbeg to finish the day!
Pack all gear and garbage, head out back to civilization.
– Stock friendly trip, if it’s your first time – this is the time
– It is going to be cold to camp, bring firewood, dress warm, it may rain.
PRO TIP: IT ALWAYS RAINS
– Bring everything you need for camping, plus extra food for me.
– Have tow strap and recovery points available, few sections can be muddy at this time of the year. When in doubt walk the water crossing.
– There are no washrooms or showers, bring your own toiletry and plan ahead.
– Most importantly, bring yourself and help us clean trail systems
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.