(– by moejeep #5369 –)
Test 1. with new fuel line away from exhaust – Failed.
Test 2. with new fuel pump – Failed.
Fuel System Details:
– In tank – YJ fuel pump/sending unit, check valve is part of the pump.
– Fuel filter
– T connection at the front, attaching my fuel pressure gauge and the fuel rail.
– From the fuel rail, the injectors and the fuel pressure regulator.
– From the regulator back into the tank
The charcoal canister also connects to the tank (straight to the tank, no valves).
I am thinking of doing these tests tonight:
Test 3. Disconnecting the pressure regulator, plugging the manifold vacuum, and doing a test drive.
– as per the manual pressure should be up from 31psi to 39psi.
Test 4. Clamp the fuel return line and do a test drive.