So as some of you know I have a Grand addiction. It's a mildly built '02 WJ that works far better then it should. Long arms, lockers, some custom body work sliders, tank lift etc….
Anyway I've been working on it over the winter as most of us addicts do so here's a taste of what I've done.
I'm working on in cab controls for the winch. The pic below is the first vision. I didn't like it so it's completely different now. Pics on Tuesday of the new setup.
Rid myself of the complexly annoying solenoid bridge in the 9.5ti and replaced it with an albright contactor under the hood. Again more pics to follow once it's final connections are made.
Got it all rigged up to test and found 12v at both field windings and the armature regardless of contactor position. Removed the leads and found the new contactor is working perfectly. I also found no resistance between the forward and reverse field windings. Poped it open and damn……. I need a new motor. cracked brushes, stator is worse for wear, and the windings are corroded open and grounded on the case.
Trimmed back the rear fenders to keep the tires from being sliced off.
On top of that just the routine maintenance , needed a front drive shaft, right hub, right side drag link TRE. I still need to replace the leaking right rear shock, and one day prep the 3/4's sitting in the basement to slide under her rump.