Ray’s Winter Wonderland 2016
Come on out and try some winter wheeling on some private trails!
- Where: South Wind Motel & Campground
- When: Saturday, February 13 or Sunday, February 14, 2016
- Drivers meeting: 9 am by the pool house at South Wind Motel & Campground
- Who: Event is limited to OF4WD members (max of 20 registered trucks)
- Cost: 4 non-perishable food items per person in your vehicle
- Guides: 2+ guides per trail run
South Wind Motel & Campground has closed all their trails for the event to ensure that participants have access.
The event will take place over two days but participants can register for only one: either the Saturday or the Sunday. Registrants will be able to register for any remaining spots on February 1st. Both days will include two trail runs with a max of 20 trucks.
The registration cost is four non-perishable food items per person in your vehicle which will be donated to the Minden Community Food Bank. When you register online you’ll be required to pay a $20 deposit which will be refunded to you when you show up to the event – if you do not show up the money will be donated to the food bank.
Accommodations are available at South Wind Motel & Campground. Only participants are able to book on these dates. If you’re interested in booking a motel room please contact Colin Jardine directly at CampNL@of4wd.com.
What to Bring:
- Fuel (full tanks)
- Recovery Gear (recovery strap, front and rear recovery points, tree saver, CB or FRS radio)
- Warm Clothing
- Donations for the food bank
- Rear locker
A note on damages: If any breakage occurs on the trails your guides will get you and your vehicle back to the parking lot at South Wind Motel. Guides will not attempt any repairs to your vehicle on the trail. Once back at the parking lot you are responsible for repairing your vehicle or arranging alternate transportation. Due to the nature of wheeling in the winter there is a higher possibility that body damage could occur to your vehicle.